Monday, April 2, 2012

Strawberries are coming!!

Hey, guys! Have you been eagerly anticipating the news of this year's strawberries?? Well, we've heard from the farmers!! We'll be getting them on Saturday April 21st between 6:30 and 7:30 pm. They will be freshly picked (fully ripened) that morning and will need to be picked up that evening at Mountain Crest Park on the corner of Durango and Lone Mountain (just down the street from our old pickup location). For those of you who live outside of Vegas, we will have them available for pickup the next morning in New Harmony, Utah at 951 South 3500 East, or if it's not too late, we can arrange a pickup in St. George later that evening. Please be prompt in pickup - I know that delivery times can fluctuate, but we will try to keep everyone up to date on progress. If anyone would like to volunteer to pickup strawberries for a different location in the valley, I know that there are plenty of us trying to save on gas money. Let me know you are interested and your location, and I'll connect you with others in that location. Likewise, if you are in a different part of the valley and would like to participate in a group pickup, let me know as well.

Money needs to be received by me before April 16th. Cost is $15 a flat, 12 overloaded pints in a flat! :) Last year, we ordered a lot of extra cases - we will not have extra this time around so make sure you order as much as you want beforehand!

So - info needed for me. Send me an email with your name, your order, your location, and how you'd like to be contacted the day of delivery for updates. Then, send your payment to me ASAP to Elizabeth Kay 951 South 3500 East, New Harmony, Utah 84757.

And lastly, anyone that ordered Tattler Lids will receive them with their pickups; if you do not order strawberries, then I'll keep you updated when we receive so we can make arrangements for a meetup.

Whew - That's it for now...mmm... I can taste them already! :)

Elizabeth Kay, Self-reliant Network
poohnda(at)hotmail(dot)com
(Vegas Area Code) 219(dash)6700

No comments:

Post a Comment