Sunday, July 17, 2011

Raw Honey order

   
Post by Elizabeth Kay

Alright, folks! I just spoke with our Honey Man, and it seems that honey is a go! And of course, due to being in both LV and Utah, we are officially serving both areas!! We'll give this order about a month to spread word and let everyone take advantage, so let's shoot for a payment due by August 20th. The honey we order is raw, comes from Wyoming, and is $30 for a gallon (or between 10 and 12 pounds). This price is the cheapest I have found (by far) for raw honey, and I've ordered through them for 3 years now - best honey ever!

A short word about raw honey: Raw honey is unheated, unpasteurized, and unprocessed. Pure honey straight from the hive. In its raw form, honey is reportedly more nutrient dense, and has many healing benefits as it is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. Many people try to relieve allergy symptoms by eating local, raw honey. Oh, and one more thing - honey's storage capacity is fantastic. It has been found in Egyptian tombs in a readily edible state - don't ask me who decided to try it, but apparently, it was still good. :) If your honey crystallizes, just warm it up until the crystals melt back into liquid form. Raw honey is more solid than liquid and will have to be warmed to pour like honey from the store. But, it is well worth the extra effort!

So, let me know if you'd like to order this - in the past, I'd let you drop by cash, but since most of you will have to send it to me, I added the option of paypal over the internet. So, now you can send me cash or check, or you can pay me through paypal {email me at poohnda(at)hotmail(dot)com to sign up for the order, and I'll send you my address or paypal info}. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this order, I'd be more than happy to try to answer you. :)

Start gearing up for harvest season!!

Elizabeth Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment