Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Question from Pat

My daughter brought me pounds of tiny grapes from her backyard... I followed the Ball Book's instructions .... cooked for the juice, strained and strained, let sit 2 days in fridge, strained again ...then used the exact measurements..and it never jelled. Now... I would like to ask your readers a question: "The Ball book calls for concord grapes and I used the measurements for backyard grapes. Is that the probable cause of my "failure", i.e., jelly never jelled.?!?"

I re-cooked the jars that I did not add pectin to.... and its not a good result getting too hard! (Turned dark like caramel in a "flash").

Thanks,
Pat M.

p.s.  At the Henderson Farmer's Mkt on Thursday morning, the folks from Central Calif (not the Highland folks) always bring green tomatoes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that but if no one else answers you could call Ball at 1-800-240-3340. I've called them before about a strawberry recipe and they were very nice and helpful :)

    ReplyDelete