Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Canning Chicken
by Sheila

Post and Pictures by Sheila

I first cleaned my work area and laid out all the tools I would need during the canning process.

I then washed and trimmed the fat off my chicken before cooking it.



I boiled the chicken before placing it in the jars. I also added chicken broth to the chicken.

I opened a jar of chicken and used it to make orange chicken and served it over fried rice which I added my dehydrated peas, carrots, green and red peppers, onions, garlic and broccoli. It took me 5 minutes to prepare dinner and 25 minutes to cook the rice with the dehydrated veggies. And if I don't say so myself it was delicious...

I hope you are all enjoying being a Master Food Preserver as I am. If any of you have any questions do not hesitate in contacting me at svansonpfs(at)yahoo(dot)com.

I have also canned 120 jars of fresh meat. chicken, stew meat and hamburger.

Related Fact Sheets from the National Center for Home Food Storage Preservation 


No comments:

Post a Comment