Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Canning Ground Beef
by Sheila

Post and Pictures by Sheila

I first cleaned my work area and laid out all the tools I would need during the canning process.

I  fried the hamburger...


and washed the fat off before placing the meat in the jars.

I added chicken broth to the chicken and beef broth to the stew meat and hamburger.

I hope you are all enjoying being a Master Food Preserver as I am. If any of you have any questions do not hesitate in contacting me at svansonpfs(at)yahoo(dot)com.

I have also canned 120 jars of fresh meat. chicken, stew meat and hamburger.

See you in the KITCHEN!!!!

Related Fact Sheets from the National Center for Home Food Storage Preservation

1 comment:

  1. What percent fat was the ground beef? Did I see 90/10? Thanks

    ReplyDelete