Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dehydrating Spaghetti Sauce
by Sheila

Post and Pictures by Sheila 

The other day I made a large batch of homemade spaghetti sauce so I could have some to dehydrate. First I let the sauce cool them I taped some large (gallon) plastic storage bags with the label side down to the tray. I then ladled the sauce onto the bag with the rim of the sauce a little thicker than the center. I dehydrated the sauce until brittle. To re-hydrate I just added some boiling water. However, I did have to use my hand held blender to make sure all the sauce was dissolved. You can see the dehydrated sauce is dark and looks deep purple almost a brownish black but after it was re-hydrated it looks just as red as it did before I dehydrated the sauce. And it tasted just like the sauce before it was dehydrated.

2 comments:

  1. These posts by Sheila are just fabuous! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! Thanks Sheila, you are an inspiration. I've already had two of my friends comment to me how amazing you are with everything you've done!

    ReplyDelete