Friday, April 22, 2011

Tips for Dehydrating Fruit
by Sheila

Post and Pictures by Sheila


Tips for dehydrating the following fruit:
  • Papaya
  • Bananas
  • Peaches
  • Apples
  • Mangos

To keep the above fruit from turning brown or black I purchased a large bottle of lemon juice and a large spray bottle. I removed the sprayer from the bottle and placed it on the lemon juice bottle and used the lemon juice to stop the discoloration of the fruit.


I poured some of the lemon juice on the bottom of a plate with a rim then I placed the sliced fruit on the plate then sprayed the top side of the fruit to insure both sides of the fruit was covered with lemon juice then placed the fruit on the tray. It worked great none of my fruit turned dark.

I used green granny apples and red gala apples...



...that I sprinkled with cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment